Monday 5 September 2016

Misunderstood Creatures


Us creatures, misunderstood,
discuss everything,
from humans to food.
Our safe place, a must,
is our retreat, to
escape their disgust.


They think I'm a bee,
not a hoverfly,
with bold yellow to see.
They wave, curse and swat,
whilst treating my life
with such little thought. 


Our poor crab, who's dead,
our meeting point,
was kicked in the head.
The human nerves frayed,
they tossed him aside,
he'll soon be decayed.


Spiders, fat and thin
gather together,
outcasts in unison.
The exclusion they feel,
and contempt they receive,
is far from ideal. 


Us creatures, misunderstood,
discuss everything
to lighten the mood.
With no humans here,
in our own safe place,
we've nothing to fear.


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Lorraine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my friends have been raving about your work (including some of my nursing buddies who txt to say they loved it). I of course always knew how talented you are. So when is your next post. Hint, hint, hint. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'll work on another post next week. It will probably be the end of the week. I'm still deciding what to post about. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine I love your openness,keep your'Art'open,your drawings are sublime and your paintings are thoughtful and abstract,I see 'Albert Gleizes' and a touch of Paul Klee xx

    ReplyDelete